Kriegel to Present Webinar on New Patent Office Rules Related to Two International IP Treaties
Jeremy R. Kriegel will present on the implications of two international intellectual property treaties for law firm administrators during a webinar hosted by the Association of Legal Administrators (ALA) on January 14, 2014 from 2:00-3:00 p.m. CST.
The U.S. Patent and Trademark Office will officially implement the Geneva Act of 1999 and the Patent Law Treaty of 2000 in December 2013. Mr. Kriegel will discuss the impact of the new Patent Office rules related to these treaties, including:
- The perils of the new relaxed standards for obtaining a patent application filing date.
- The ease of reinstating a lapsed patent because the prior "unavoidable" standard has been eliminated in favor of an "unintentional" standard for reviving patents.
- Aspects of international "Hague" industrial design and how the filing procedures differ from U.S. design patent applications.
- The significance of the term of U.S. design patents changing from 14 years to 15 years.
- How publications of design applications will work, and how publication may be delayed.