Partner Lily Rin-Laures, M.D. to Moderate Women in Bio Panel at 2016 BIO International Convention
Li-Hsien (Lily) Rin-Laures, M.D., a partner in Marshall, Gerstein & Borun’s biotechnology practice group, will moderate the panel "One Last Pitch with Women In Bio," during the 2016 BIO International Convention. The presentation will feature two groups of influential women in the biotech space - investment firms and fundraising companies. Fundraising companies will present a six minute pitch to investors, followed by feedback and advice from the panel of investors.
The panel presentation will be held at 2:00 p.m. PT on Thursday, June 9, at the BioProcess International Theater, booth 5476, located in the BIO exhibition hall of the Moscone Center in San Francisco.
- Margarita Chavez, Senior Director, AbbVie Biotech Ventures
- Dr. Alice Chen, Principal, Accelerator Corporation
- Nina Kjellson, General Partner, Canaan Partners
- Dr. Nola Masterson, Managing Director, Science Futures Management Company
- Nicole Walker, Director, Venture Capital, Baird Capital
- Laura Bosworth, CEO, Tevido Biodevices, LLC
- Akiko Futamura, Ph.D., President & CEO, InfiniteBio
- Amita Goel, CEO, Celltheon Corporation
- Carin Rollins, Founder & CEO, Hinge Bio
- Ailis Tweed-Kent, CEO, Cocoon Biotech Inc.
Dr. Rin-Laures currently serves as a national director of Women In Bio, and was a founder and the first chair of Women in Bio – Chicago Chapter. Dr. Rin-Laures was named 2014 "Patent Prosecution Pharmaceutical Attorney of the Year” and inducted into the LMG Life Sciences Hall of Fame at the 2014 LMG Life Sciences Awards. Additionally, she has been featured as a Life Sciences Star in LMG Life Sciences, 2012-2015, as an IP Star in Managing IP's IP Stars Survey, and as one of the Top 250 Women in IP, 2014 and 2016. She was recognized as a 2012 Leading Law Firm Rainmaker in MCCA's Diversity & The Bar, featured as one of the 2014 "Women Worth Watching" in Profiles in Diversity Journal, selected as one of the "World’s Leading Patent Practitioners" in 2013-2016 by Intellectual Asset Management Magazine (IAM), and inducted into Law Bulletin's "40 Illinois Attorneys Under Forty to Watch" Hall of Fame.
Women In Bio (WIB) is a national non-profit organization of professionals committed to fostering and encouraging entrepreneurship and career development of women active in the life sciences industry.