Francesca Cardillo focuses her practice on a variety of transactions to facilitate the effective management, transfer, and commercialization of intellectual property. Ms. Cardillo is experienced in analyzing and drafting and analyzing a variety of agreements, including joint development agreements, licenses, and material transfer and confidential agreements. Ms. Cardillo has served clients ranging from multinational chemicals manufacturing corporations and national home improvement products retailers to non-profit organizations.
- Drafting and analyzing intellectual property agreements, including licenses, assignments, joint development agreements and master service agreements
- Counseling on advertising policies and confidentiality agreement negotiations
- Drafting and filing federal and state trademark registrations
Background and Credentials
Prior to joining Marshall, Gerstein & Borun, Ms. Cardillo worked as an associate at Schiff Hardin LLP, where she aided both the IP transactions and litigation subgroups. There, she drafted pleadings and pre-trial documents for Hatch-Waxman litigation, celebrity false endorsement and unfair competition litigation, and trademark licenses and assignments for a variety of clients.
While in law school, Ms. Cardillo served as a legal intern for the Honorable Justice Stephen H. David of the Indiana Supreme Court.
Ms. Cardillo received her J.D. from Indiana University Maurer School of Law, where she served as the Managing Editor for the Indiana Law Journal and Editor-in-Chief of IP Theory. She obtained a Masters of Library Science from Indiana University School of Informatics and Computing, and a Bachelor of Arts, high distinction, from Indiana University, with a major in English and a minor in History.
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law (Bloomington) (J.D.)
- Indiana University School of Infomatics and Computing (M.L.S.)
- Library Science
- Indiana University (B.A., high distinction)
Community and Professional Involvement
- Member, AIPLA
- Member, INTA
- Member, Chicago Bar Association
- Member, Licensing Executives Society
- Member, Association of University Technology Managers