For major corporations in the electrical and computer technology areas, Kwanwoo Lee assists in preparing and prosecuting patents. As a former technology consultant with Accenture having experience in all phases of the application development life-cycle, Mr. Lee has extensive knowledge in a wide range of areas including computer systems, software design, and related technologies.
- Communication networks and 4G/LTE standards
- Computer architecture
- Mobile applications and data management
- Internal combustion engines and turbochargers
- Insurance and financial services
- Security, encryption, and decryption
- Image processing
Background and Credentials
Drawing on his electrical engineering background and experience, Mr. Lee manages patent portfolios and prepares and prosecutes patent applications. Previously, Mr. Lee worked at a full-service international law firm, providing patent prosecution services to Fortune 500 companies.
Mr. Lee is currently a J.D. candidate at the Chicago-Kent College of Law, where he serves as the submissions editor of the Journal of Intellectual Property. He earned CALI awards in Software Patents and Legal Writing. He received his B.S. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (B.S.)
- Electrical Engineering
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Community and Professional Involvement
- Member, Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC)
- Member, Korean American Bar Association of Chicago