For major corporations in the electrical and computer technology areas, Kwanwoo Lee assists in preparing and prosecuting patents. As a former technology consultant with Accenture having experience in all phases of the application development life-cycle, Mr. Lee has extensive knowledge in a wide range of areas including computer systems, software design, and related technologies.
- Communication networks and 4G/LTE standards
- Computer architecture
- Mobile applications and data management
- Internal combustion engines and turbochargers
- Insurance and financial services
- Security, encryption, and decryption
- Image processing
Background and Credentials
Drawing on his electrical engineering background and experience, Mr. Lee manages patent portfolios and prepares and prosecutes patent applications. Previously, Mr. Lee worked at a full-service international law firm, providing patent prosecution services to Fortune 500 companies. He gained experience analyzing and responding to U.S. Patent and Trademark Office and foreign office actions on patent applications for electrical and computer technology areas, conducting invalidity contention analysis, performing examiner and inventor interviews, and conducting infringement analysis.
Mr. Lee received his J.D., with a Certificate in Intellectual Property Law, from Chicago-Kent College of Law. While in law school, he served as a submissions editor of the Journal of Intellectual Property, drafted patent applications for under-resourced inventors under the Chicago-Kent Patent Hub pro bono program, and was selected as a Chicago IP Colloquium Fellow. He earned CALI awards for the highest grade in Software Patents, Legal Writing, and Legal Analytics. Mr. Lee received his B.S. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology (J.D.)
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (B.S.)
- Electrical Engineering
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Community and Professional Involvement
- Member, Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC)
- Member, Korean American Bar Association of Chicago