Nelson M. Rosario specializes in preparing and prosecuting patent applications for companies in the electrical and computer technologies industry. His background and experience provide extensive knowledge in a wide range of areas including computer networking, mapping and navigation, mobile applications, financial platforms, and emerging technologies. He has worked for a variety of clients from startups to Fortune 500 companies.
Mr. Rosario has experience in many technologies, including:
- Business methods
- Computer hardware and software
- Computer networking
- Financial platforms and trading
- Image processing
- Medical imaging
- Mobile applications
- Navigation and routing
Background and Credentials
Prior to earning his J.D. from IIT Chicago-Kent College of Law, Mr. Rosario received a B.S. in computer science from Florida State University, where he was also inducted into the Upsilon Pi Epsilon International Honor Society for the Computing and Information Disciplines. He also earned a B.A. in history and political science from the University of Minnesota where he focused on US-Latin American Relations, and Civic Action and Citizenship.
Prior to joining Marshall, Gerstein & Borun, Mr. Rosario worked as an intellectual property attorney for an intellectual property boutique in Chicago. During law school, he gained experience working in the legal department of a multi-national technology company, at a large general practice law firm, researching cyber security for a law professor, and externing for a magistrate judge at the Northern District of Illinois. Prior to law school, Mr. Rosario worked as an election administration official for a government agency in Tallahassee, Florida. At the election office he was involved in all aspects of voter registration, voter outreach, and absentee balloting.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology (J.D.)
- Florida State University (B.S.)
- Computer Science
- University of Minnesota (B.A.)
- History and Political Science
Publications and Presentations
- “Bitcoin is Coming”, Presenter, Defense Entrepreneurs Forum, November 7, 2015
Community and Professional Involvement
- American Bar Association – Member
- Chicago Council on Global Affairs – Member
- Constitutional Rights Foundation of Chicago – Civic Leadership Council Member