“Legal Issues”November 18, 2015 – Presentation
Partner Jeremy R. Kriegel co-presented a course during the 2015 Association of University Technology Managers (AUTM) Business Development Course – Medical Devices, which took place from November 17-18, 2015 in Dallas, TX.
Wednesday, Nov. 18: "Legal Issues"
- Jeremy Kriegel, Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP
- Robert Wanerman, Epstein Becker Green
In this session, two attorneys with extensive regulatory and compliance experience addressed a wide range of topics affecting technology transfer, including:
- Evaluating medical device disclosures for potential patent eligibility problems
- Issues and strategies for significant foreign jurisdictions
- Compliance issues arising under National Institutes of Health (NIH) and National Science Foundation (NSF) grant laws and policies
- Fraud and abuse risks
- Coordinating technology transfer into the university’s compliance program