“Strategies for Dealing with NPEs – Fight or Flight”May 12, 2015 – Presentation
Partner Thomas L. Duston participated in the panel, "Strategies for Dealing with NPEs – Fight or Flight" at the 2015 IP Strategy Summit, held on Tuesday, May 12, 2015, at the Fairmont Chicago Millennium Park Hotel.
The majority of IP infringement and litigation suits are brought by NPEs. Unfortunately, there is no "one size fits all" strategy for dealing with them, so IP leaders must develop a coherent understanding of when to fight and when to settle. In this presentation, panelists will examine:
- How to evaluate an NPE and the specific threat it poses
- What case history trends mean for your response strategy
- Strategies to deter NPEs at the outset
- When you should fight and when you should settle
- Is sharing caring? (Is intra-company defense viable?)