Tiffany D. Gehrke secures and protects the intellectual property rights of a broad range of clients. In this role, her prior experience as a software engineer gives her valuable insider perspectives into clients’ technologies. Ms. Gehrke understands the value of clients’ intellectual property rights and assists those clients in obtaining and protecting those rights in the U.S. and throughout the world. Ms. Gehrke enforces clients’ intellectual property rights through litigation in state and federal court, through proceedings before the USPTO, and through other dispute resolution forums.
She was selected for inclusion in the Illinois Rising Stars® each year since 2013, featuring outstanding young attorneys in the state.
- Successfully secured multi-million dollar judgment against online retailer of counterfeit goods for trademark and copyright infringement.
- Counsels and provides patentability opinions and infringement analysis opinions.
Ms. Gehrke also has experience investigating and analyzing issues relating to:
- Patent, trademark, and copyright infringement
- Trade secrets
- Trademark dilution
- Breach of contract
- Unfair competition
BACKGROUND AND CREDENTIALS
Ms. Gehrke earned her J.D., with a Certificate in Trial Advocacy, from Loyola University Chicago School of Law where she was on the Dean’s List, a two-time regional finalist, and a national quarter-finalist and semi-finalist as a member of the Giles S. Rich Intellectual Property Moot Court team, an Intellectual Property Fellow, and a Chicago IP Colloquium Fellow. Ms. Gehrke was also awarded Loyola’s Laura Terlizzi Scholarship, given to a female student intending to practice intellectual property law. She also served as a senior editor of the Annals of Health Law journal. She completed a B.S.E. in computer science engineering from The University of Michigan. Ms. Gehrke is licensed to practice in the state of Illinois and before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Loyola University Chicago School of Law, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.S.E., Computer Science Engineering
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- "PTAB Zone." Presented at The Richard Linn American Inn of Court, October 2013
- "Incivility in the Legal Profession." Presented to Loyola University Chicago School of Law at Middle Temple, London, England, December 2012
- "Ethics Issues in Parallel International IP Litigation." Presented at The Richard Linn American Inn of Court, September 2012
- "To declare or not to declare (judgment): That is the question," The Illinois Manufacturer, Summer 2012
- "Ethics: Difficult Depositions." Presented at The Richard Linn American Inn of Court, February 2012
Click here to see additional Publications and Presentations.
COMMUNITY AND PROFESSIONAL INVOLVEMENT
- The Richard Linn American Inn of Court
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC); co-chair, Membership Committee 2014-15
- Women’s Leadership & Mentoring Alliance (WLMA)
- Women’s Bar Association of Illinois (WBAI)
- American Bar Association (ABA)
In Ms. Gehrke's spare time, she volunteers with Children's Home + Aid and serves as a mentor for youth in foster care. She has also volunteered through the Chicago Cares organization and has served as a tutor to help at risk Chicago public high school students prepare for the ACT.