Timothy J. Weber provides seasoned logistical and technical support to Marshall, Gerstein & Borun’s litigation and trademark practices. While the bulk of his almost 15-year legal career has focused on litigation across a wide array of disciplines, Mr. Weber also has significant experience in patent interference, trademark opposition, and inter partes review proceedings in the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office. Mr. Weber thrives in the pressure-cooker atmosphere of complex litigation, but is equally comfortable managing contract attorney teams, rolling document production, Federal Circuit appeals and other long-term projects. Mr. Weber has utilized multiple document review platforms and has a firm understanding of related front and back-end processes, which serves him well in coordinating projects with outside vendors. Prior to joining Marshall, Gerstein & Borun in 2007, Mr. Weber gained experience in the areas of class action, construction, employment, healthcare and securities law.
- Assisted attorneys in successfully defending through appeal a biotech client’s patents covering tadalafil (the active ingredient in the anti-impotence drug Cialis®).
- Provided trial support to victorious attorney team defending an inventor accused of breaching his employee invention agreement.
- Analyzed and issue-coded opposing party’s production documents in patent infringement case.
- Oversaw multiple off-site contract attorney teams conducting responsiveness and privilege reviews of client documents.
- Traveled to client offices for document collection and coordinated multi-stage production of documents responsive to grand jury subpoena issued by Massachusetts Attorney General.
- Conducted client interviews to gain understanding of document generation and retention practices of major generic pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Built, managed and maintained document database containing almost a million pages produced by 20 different parties in complex “mini Enron” securities class action.
- Managed hard-copy and video data prepared by opposition’s expert in design patent infringement matter.
- Identified responsive company documents at client’s telecommunications security office in extended document review.
- Abstracted depositions taken in class action against large waste management company relating to the physical, economic and other quality of life impacts of the company’s practices on class members .
Background and Credentials
Mr. Weber holds a B.A. degree in Anthropology from Lawrence University.
- Lawrence University (B.A.)