Tina M. Ortman is a seasoned litigation paralegal with more than 25 years of intellectual property litigation experience. Since joining in 1993, she has assisted in taking to trial a number of complex, multi-party, high-profile patent cases involving products with sales up to billions of dollars per year. While most of her experience has been in patent litigation at the district-court and appellate level, she also has substantial experience in patent interferences, foreign oppositions, trademark litigation, and proceedings before the International Trade Commission. Ms. Ortman’s extensive experience, energy, work ethic, team focus, and deep technical skills enrich the Firm's litigation teams through all aspects of a case, including large-scale document production, pre-trial preparation, in-courtroom trial support, and appellate filings. Ms. Ortman also manages the firm’s litigation paralegals, litigation assistants, and litigation docket clerk, a team of dedicated professionals committed to excellence in client services.
- Managed large-scale document productions and technical databases in complex patent cases.
- Coordinated pre-trial and trial logistics in numerous venues around the U.S., managed third-party support services for trial teams, and provided in-court assistance to trial teams in jury and bench trials.
- Assisted attorneys at trial in successfully defending client’s rights regarding a variety of complex technologies, such as:
- inventorship of pharmaceutical compounds.
- ownership of multiple patents relating to DNA-sequencing technologies.
- patent infringement relating to recombinant biologics.
- Provided support at client sites in management of large-scale document productions and case-strategy meetings.
- Managed 30+ contract-attorney team conducting large-scale document review and production.
Community and Professional Involvement
Ms. Ortman is a member of the following professional organizations:
- International Practice Management Association, Chicago Chapter Co-Chair
- Illinois Paralegal Association
- Chicago Association of Litigation Support Managers
- Women in eDiscovery Chicago Chapter
- International Legal Technology Association