As an associate at the Firm, Ante S. Kovacevic specializes in prosecuting patents for clients in the areas of industrial and mechanical technologies and preparing patents for clients in the area of medical devices. His education and background in mechanical engineering affords him a unique understanding of clients’ technologies. In addition to prosecuting and preparing patents, he serves on the Firm’s Sustainability Committee.
Background and Credentials
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Kovacevic worked as a patent engineer where he drafted provisional patent applications, non-provisional patent applications, and office actions. He has experience conducting legal research, drafting claims, and performing patentability searches.
In law school, at Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology, Mr. Kovacevic was a member and editor of the Chicago-Kent Journal of Intellectual Property and was the president of the Chicago-Kent Intellectual Property Law Society. Mr. Kovacevic received his B.S. in mechanical engineering from the University of Illinois at Chicago.
- Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology (J.D.)
- University of Illinois at Chicago (B.S.)
- Mechanical Engineering
Community and Professional Involvement
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago – Member
- The Payton Math Circle – Teaching Assistant – taught and mentored gifted 4th and 5th grade students in mathematics and logical reasoning (2014-2015)
- The GREEN Program – while in Costa Rica, taught students from around the world about sustainability and renewable energy and, additionally, built rainwater collection systems for rural communities that lacked access to water in the Guanacaste region (2013)