Ben Horton to Present at IP Strategy Summit 2016 – Houston
Partner and chair of Marshall, Gerstein & Borun’s IP litigation practice, Benjamin T. Horton, will participate in a 10:50 a.m. panel titled "A Balanced Enforcement Strategy For Operating Companies,” at the 2016 IP Strategy Summit – Houston held on Thursday, May 12, 2016, at the Hotel Derek in Houston, TX.
In today’s post IPR Nautilus and ALICE world enforcing your IP rights is complex and challenging. Understanding what you have and how you can enforce your IP when needed is a fundamental part of your IP strategy.
This panel will examine:
- Internal Due Diligence – are your patents strong enough
- How Your Enforcement Strategy aligns with Business Goals
- Enforcement aligned with a monetization program – Are You Brand Conscious
- Engaging outside counsel & managing costs
- The keys to litigation success – prepare to succeed or prepare to fail
Benjamin T. Horton manages complex litigation involving high tech patents. He has a degree in electrical engineering, and before law school he worked for technology companies in the automotive and semiconductor industries. He is a member of the Trial Bar for the Northern District of Illinois and litigates intellectual property cases in federal courts across the country. Mr. Horton also practices before the Patent Trial and Appeals Board, representing both petitioners and patent owners in inter partes review (IPR) and covered business method review (CBM) proceedings.