James Griffith to Speak on Anti-Counterfeiting Panel at 2017 Trademark & Copyright Summit – New York
Special Counsel, James E. Griffith will participate as a panelist at the 2017 Trademark & Copyright Summit – New York, to be held on Thursday, March 16, 2017.
“Anti-Counterfeiting Strategies: Trends, Updates & Ongoing Brand Challenges”
Counterfeiting is growing at an exponential rate, particularly over the internet. Threats to brands include not only lost sales, but also erosion of brand equity. Grey goods and the emergence of 3D printing technologies pose a continuing and growing threat to business.
The panel will explore the following topics:
- Current landscape and emerging trends
- Benchmarking your current program
- Monitoring counterfeiting activity
- What are the best enforcement strategies?
- Preventative measures
- James E. Griffith, Special Counsel, Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP
- Margaret Walker, Associate General IP Counsel, Chief Trademark Counsel, Xerox Corporation
- Shaila Vaidya, Global Anti-Counterfeit & Brand Protection Leader, DuPont
- Jessica Heiss, Vice President & Trademark Counsel, The Estée Lauder Companies
Marshall Gerstein Partner Gregory J. Chinlund will also be in attendance.
To learn more about the Summit, click here.