Lidia Cortez is a seasoned litigation paralegal who has worked in the field of intellectual property for more than fifteen years. Ms. Cortez has vast and diverse experience across multiple practice areas including district court litigation, Federal Circuit appeals, inter partes review proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board, and patent interferences. Ms. Cortez enriches the team through her dedication and depth of knowledge in IP law and case management.
Ms. Cortez assists in all stages of a matter from commencement to trial utilizing technology to deliver high quality client services in a cost-effective and efficient manner. Ms. Cortez has assisted at trial on numerous complex, high-profile patent cases. As a dedicated professional, she is an integral part of the team and thrives in the courtroom.
- Utilized multiple document review platforms, coordinated numerous collections, and managed exchange of data with heightened awareness of securing client data.
- Analyzed, identified, and coded key documents in preparation for production to opposing party via secure transfer and assist in preparation of corresponding privilege log.
- Managed pretrial and trial logistics in multiple venues across the US providing assistance in defending client’s intellectual property rights.
- Assisted trial team in courtroom in jury and bench trials managing witness materials, trial exhibits and other materials for case team review.
- Assisted case teams with preparations of materials for filing with court, including review of briefs and preparation of exhibits.
- Assist in digesting intrinsic evidence of patent file history to identify essential components, claim iterations, and preparation of claim evolution charts for case team.
- Proficient in litigation databases and legal technology to assist across the case needs, including support in discovery, document production, and preparation of deposition video clips for use at trial.
Community and Professional Involvement
Ms. Cortez is a member of the following professional organizations:
- Illinois Paralegal Association
- Women in eDiscovery Chicago Chapter
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago