Russell E. Sorber focuses his practice on prosecuting patents for a variety of clients in the areas of electrical and computer technologies.
Mr. Sorber has experience in the following technical areas:
- Telecommunication product development including 5G infrastructure development
- Mobile device development for US and European markets
- Multi-Media Messaging
- Smart phone application development
- Real-time control software
- Automobile embedded systems
- Software tool development including compiler construction and protocol analyzers
Background and Credentials
Mr. Sorber has over 20 years’ experience as an engineer. He has been a patent agent since 2004.
- University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (B.S.)
- Computer Science
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Community and Professional Involvement
- Mr. Sorber is a member of the American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA).
- Mr. Sorber is a youth Eagle Scout counselor and he also enjoys co-leading canoe trips.
- Mr. Sorber is a lifetime member of the Sierra Club.
- Mr. Sorber is a homeless shelter volunteer at Housing Forward (formerly West Suburban PADS).