Shuhana has worked in the lawyer talent development field for more than fourteen years. As Marshall Gerstein’s Chief Talent & Diversity Officer, Shuhana is responsible for leading the development and execution of HR strategy for attorney and staff talent management, professional development, change management, and organizational development to meet the firm’s human capital needs and long-term business objectives.
As a leader in the professional development departments at her previous law firms, Shuhana helped professionals reach their greatest potential within their positions. She has extensive experience in lawyer recruiting, training, mentoring, performance management, diversity and inclusion, and administering compensation and promotion cycles. Special initiatives she developed include real-time feedback programs, client CLE programs, leadership training, and unconscious bias seminars, among others.
Shuhana’s impressive understanding of the talent lifecycle and the resources needed to support firms’ business needs make her a critical leader in promoting Marshall Gerstein’s efficiency and success.
Shuhana’s areas of experience include:
- Substantive proactive area training programs
- Performance management
- Client development training programs
- Associate retention
- Women’s promotion
- CLE (Continuing legal education)
- Unconscious bias training
- Mentoring programs
Background and Credentials
Prior to joining Marshall Gerstein, Shuhana served as the Director of Talent and Training at a mid-size Chicago law firm and help management positions as several other Chicago-area firms. She earned her MBA at Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management. Shuhana graduated summa cum laude with a degree in economics from The University of California, Los Angeles.
- Northwestern University Kellogg Graduate School of Management (MBA)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., summa cum laude)
Community and Professional Involvement
- Professional Development Consortium Board Member
- Chicago Association of Legal Personnel Administrators, member
- National Association for Law Placement (NALP), member
- Former event chair at Francis Parker school