Background and Credentials
Prior to joining Marshall Gerstein, Chelsea served as an extern for the Honorable Charles P. Kocoras at the United States District Court for the Northern District of Illinois and for the Honorable William J. Bauer at the United States Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit. She also worked as a law student extern at the United States Attorney’s Office. She received her J.D., cum laude, from DePaul University College of Law.
During law school, Chelsea served as an editor of the DePaul Law Review, and was on the executive board for the Cyber Law Organization. She was awarded the CALI Award in the categories of Patent Law, Patent & Trademark Drafting, and Electronic Discovery. Chelsea received the Robert & Clytia Chambers Award in Patent Law, an honor given to the student with the strongest understanding of patent law. She also participated in the Business Law Clinic, assisting startup companies with contract formation and negotiations, copyright applications, and trademark applications.
Chelsea joined Marshall Gerstein as an Associate in 2019. She previously served as a Summer Associate, supporting clients of the firm’s Electrical & Computer Technology and Litigation practice groups.
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D., cum laude)
- Certificate in Intellectual Property and Patent Law
- DePauw University (B.A.)
- Computer Science
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Community and Professional Involvement
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC)
- Chicago Women in IP (ChiWIP)
Publications and Presentations
- “Challenges of Intellectual Property and Branding on Regulatory Approvals," Nutraceutical and Functional Food Regulations in the United States and around the World, Third Edition, Co-Author, June 2019.
- “Berkheimer v. HP Inc., 881 F.3d 1360 (Fed. Cir. 2018),” 29 DePaul J. Art, Tech. & Intell. Prop. L. 113 (2019).