John Labbé Chairs Biosimilar Litigation Panel at Consero’s 2017 IP Forum for Life Sciences
Marshall Gerstein is pleased to co-sponsor Consero’s 2017 IP Forum for Life Sciences.
IP Litigation Partner John R. Labbé will moderate a panel on biosimilar litigation under the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act (BPCIA). Mr. Labbé has extensive experience representing clients in BPCIA litigation, including recently securing a $70 million jury verdict on behalf of Amgen in Amgen v. Hospira, the first BPCIA case to reach a jury verdict.
“Biosimilars: Get Ready, Get Set…”
Monday, December 4, 2017
8:00 – 9:00am PT
Mr. Labbé’s panel will feature the following distinguished in-house attorneys:
- Danielle Pasqualone, Ph.D., Executive Director, Intellectual Property, Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc.
- Michael Penn, Ph.D., Chief Patent Counsel, bioMerieux
- Charles Sholtz, Ph.D., Vice President, Intellectual Property, Coherus Biosciences
The panel will discuss the following:
- How to prepare for biosimilar entry
- How have the BPCIA lawsuits to date informed your preparations
- How to develop a departmental strategy regarding biosimilars and follow-on biologics despite the uncertainty of how they will be implemented by the FDA