Julianne Hartzell to Serve as Panelist in CenterForce Women in Law & IP Virtual Summit
Partner and Chair of Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP’s Medical Devices Practice, Julianne Hartzell will serve as a panelist during the CenterForce Women in Law & IP Virtual Summit for a discussion about trade secret protection amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
Date and Time: Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 3:25 p.m. – 4:10 p.m. ET
Event Name: Trade Secrets: Pandemic Pandemonium
Register to attend the CenterForce Women in Law & IP Virtual Summit
Julianne will be joined by the following in-house counsel:
- Michelle Craig, Corporate IP Counsel at nLight
- Pervin Taleyarkhan, Legal Counsel at Whirlpool
- Ana Nicacio, Senior Attorney at Microsoft
- Charlotta Ljungdahl, Vice President Intellectual Property at Air Liquide Group
Is it time to double down on trade secret protection? COVID-19 has exposed many companies and institutions to potential trade secret misappropriation. The pandemic has caused rapid transition to a virtual workforce, as well as mass layoffs, economic challenges and increased vulnerabilities to IT infrastructure. A well-structured and thorough trade secrets strategy and implementation need serious consideration in order to secure the most valuable assets of many companies.
This panel will answer questions like:
- What are emerging areas of trade secrets risk: departing employees, high-stakes markets or innovation, virtual communications?
- How are companies managing their trade secrets during the COVID-19 crisis?
- How can you develop and implement a trade secrets policy to prepare for the next pandemic or economic crisis?
- What are real-world effective policies and trainings?
- When there is a breach of your trade secret policy – how do you control damages?
- Questions and engagement from the audience.
The Women in Law & IP Virtual Summit explores the career obstacles, risks and rewards on the path to a fulfilling and productive career for women lawyers – particularly when practicing in intellectual property and technology hubs. This virtual conference will provide networking and learning opportunities on topics including mentorship, gender equity and career management.
Julianne Hartzell has significant experience working with inventors and corporations in the fields of consumer products, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, and internet technology. Julianne handles all forms of intellectual property litigation, including patent, trademark, copyright, and trade secret litigation. She also has experience enforcing covenants not-to-compete and confidentiality agreements.