Marshall, Gerstein & Borun Hosts WIB-Chicago Panel on Business Careers in Biotech
On September 12, 2013, Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP will host a meeting of the Chicago Chapter of Women In Bio. The meeting topic is “Business Careers in Biotech: Inward and Upward! Moving Into and Up the Ranks of the Business Side of the Biotech Industry.” The event will be held Thursday, September 12 from 5:30–8:00 p.m. at the Firm’s office in downtown Chicago.
As part of Women In Bio’s Paths to Success series, this panel-based program will focus on breaking into the business side of biotech and successfully moving up its ranks. Through their example, knowledge and experience, the panelists will provide insight into how to thrive on the non-technical side of the biotech industry.
- Dr. Irene Hrusovsky, Managing Director, Belle Capital USA, and former Chairman, President, and CEO of EraGen Biosciences Inc.
- Kara Lawrence, Vice President, Finance & Treasury, Elevance Renewable Sciences, Inc.
- Dr. Alicia Loeffler, Associate Vice President and Executive Director of the Innovation and New Venture Office, Faculty, Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Nicole Walker, Director , Director, Baird Capital’s Venture Capital Group
- Moderator – Dr. Sherri Oslick, Partner, McDonnell Boehnen Hulbert & Berghoff LLP
Women in Bio is an organization that actively supports entrepreneurship and career growth for women involved in the biosciences. Marshall, Gerstein & Borun partners committed to WIB and its mission include partner Katherine Neville, Ph.D., chair of the Chicago Chapter, partner Heather Kissling, who serves as co-chair of its communications committee, and associate Lynn Janulis, Ph.D., co-chair of the communications and membership committees. Firm partner and chair of the Firm’s Committee on Diversity & Inclusion, Sharon Sintich, Ph.D., is co-chair of the Young Women in Bio Committee.