Ryan Schermerhorn to Present on Practical Patent Foreign Filing Tips
Ryan Schermerhorn will be a panelist at the Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC) Young Members Committee Lunch and CLE event on Wednesday, October 4, 2017.
“Practical Patent Foreign Filing Tips for Young Attorneys”
Wednesday, October 4, 2017
11:30am – 1pm CT
150 N. Dearborn Street
Chicago, IL 60601
Mark Croll, Counsel at Leydig, Voit & Mayer will moderate the panel. Panelists include:
- Ryan Schermerhorn, Associate, Marshall Gerstein
- Patrice Durand, Chief Executive Officer, Delegate
- Pamela Ruschau, Member, Leydig, Voit & Mayer
The panel discussion will include:
- Overview and best practices for patent foreign filing
- How to extend your client’s foreign filing budget
- Specific jurisdictions
- Ways American filers can maximize probability for EPO allowance
- Alternative strategies and methodologies
A questions and answer session will follow.
For additional information, click here.
Ryan Schermerhorn is a registered patent attorney who helps clients in all stages of patent prosecution. Mr. Schermerhorn is experienced in preparing and prosecuting domestic and foreign patent applications in mechanical, electrical, medical, e-commerce, and business method arts. Mr. Schermerhorn has counseled clients on patentability, freedom to operate and patent invalidity, and has reviewed and interpreted licensing and joint research agreements.