“Biosimilars: Get Ready, Get Set…”December 4, 2017 – Presentation
IP Litigation Partner John Labbé moderated a panel on biosimilar litigation under the Biologics Price Competition and Innovation Act (BPCIA) at the 2017 Consero IP Forum for Life Sciences. John has extensive experience representing clients in BPCIA litigation, including recently securing a $70 million jury verdict on behalf of Amgen in Amgen v. Hospira, the first BPCIA case to reach a jury verdict.
“Biosimilars: Get Ready, Get Set…”
Monday, December 4, 2017
8:00 – 9:00am PT
John’s panel featured the following distinguished in-house attorneys:
- Danielle Pasqualone, Ph.D., Executive Director, Intellectual Property, Five Prime Therapeutics, Inc.
- Michael Penn, Ph.D., Chief Patent Counsel, bioMerieux
- Charles Sholtz, Ph.D., Vice President, Intellectual Property, Coherus Biosciences
The panel discussed the following:
- How to prepare for biosimilar entry
- How have the BPCIA lawsuits to date informed your preparations
- How to develop a departmental strategy regarding biosimilars and follow-on biologics despite the uncertainty of how they will be implemented by the FDA