Marshall, Gerstein & Borun Shortlisted for Nine LMG Life Sciences Awards
Secures 5 Nominations in IP Litigation
Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP is pleased to announce that the Firm has been shortlisted in nine categories for the second annual LMG Life Sciences Awards which honor the very best life sciences practitioners and firms over the past 12 months from the United States, Canada and Europe.
• General Patent Litigation Firm of the Year
• Hatch-Waxman (Branded) Litigation Team of the Year
• Patent Prosecution Firm of the Year
• Patent Strategy and Management Team of the Year
• Hatch-Waxman Impact Case of the Year (Pfizer Inc. and Northwestern Univ. v. Teva Pharms., et al.)
• Patent Impact Case of the Year (Life Technologies Corp. v. Illumina, Inc., et al.)
• Finance & Transactional Impact Deal of the Year – Collaborations (Orion Genomics deal with Malaysian Palm Oil Board)
• Hatch-Waxman (Branded) Litigator of the Year – Kevin M. Flowers, Ph.D.
• Patent Prosecution Medical Device Attorney of the Year – David A. Gass
In addition, managing partner Jeffrey S. Sharp and partners Pamela L. Cox, David A. Gass, and Michael Muczynski are named as 2014 Life Sciences Stars, consistently recommended as reputable and effective attorneys servicing the industry.
The LMG Life Sciences award nominations are based on research and submissions undertaken by the editors of Euromoney’s 2014 LMG Life Sciences guide. Winners will be announced at an awards ceremony on September 17, 2014 at the Essex House Hotel in New York City.
LMG Life Sciences is the publisher of an annual guide aimed at providing attorneys and law firms with information on the legal market and the U.S. life sciences industry. In the 2013 LMG Life Sciences guide, Marshall Gerstein is "highly recommended" for patent prosecution and "highly recommended" for patent strategy and management. Research for the entire publication was based on reviewing nearly 1,000 interviews and surveys completed by partners active in the market.