Marshall Gerstein Co-Sponsors 2016 Medical Device Patents Conference; Hartzell to Present
Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP is pleased to co-sponsor the 2016 ACI Medical Devices Patents Conference, being held at the DoubleTree Times Square in New York, NY, on February 25, 2016. Julianne Hartzell, partner and chair of the Marshall Gerstein medical devices practice group, will participate in a panel discussion during the conference directed to the following:
"Lessons Learned from the First Medical Device Patent IPRs" - Thursday, February 25, 2:15 p.m.
Panelists will discuss various topics surrounding the first medical patent IPRs, including:
- Under what circumstances have AIA procedures been an effective tool?
- Utilizing IPR amendment practice, procedurally and strategically
- Best practices while appearing before the PTAB
- Preparing for the first medical device Post-Grant Review (PGR) challenges
- Factoring in other strategic considerations, including better use of reexam procedures, parallel proceedings with District Courts, and seeking judicial review
For more information about the conference, click here.