“A Balanced Enforcement Strategy For Operating Companies”May 12, 2016 – Presentation
Partner and chair of Marshall, Gerstein & Borun’s IP litigation practice, Benjamin T. Horton, participated in a panel titled "A Balanced Enforcement Strategy For Operating Companies,” at the 2016 IP Strategy Summit – Houston held on Thursday, May 12, 2016, at the Hotel Derek in Houston, TX.
In today’s post IPR Nautilus and ALICE world enforcing your IP rights is complex and challenging. Understanding what you have and how you can enforce your IP when needed is a fundamental part of your IP strategy.
This panel examined:
- Internal Due Diligence – are your patents strong enough
- How Your Enforcement Strategy aligns with Business Goals
- Enforcement aligned with a monetization program – Are You Brand Conscious
- Engaging outside counsel & managing costs
- The keys to litigation success – prepare to succeed or prepare to fail