Bobby focuses his practice on counseling life science and biotechnology innovators. He has a broad range of intellectual property experience including patent drafting and prosecution, patent portfolio development, freedom-to-operate analyses, and intellectual property due diligence.
Bobby has handled patent matters relating to:
- Gene and cell therapy
- Antibody therapy
- Medical devices
- Small molecules
- Respiratory diseases
Background and Credentials
Prior to joining Marshall Gerstein, Bobby was an intellectual property attorney for east coast, west coast, and global law firms where he worked within the areas of therapeutic antibodies, life sciences, biochemistry, gene therapy, and cell therapy. Bobby served as an IP Consultant to Pieris Pharmaceuticals prior to obtaining his law degree.
Prior to his legal career, Bobby was a scientist for nearly 10 years. As a graduate student, he was a researcher within the areas of biofuels. Prior to graduate school, Bobby studied the roles of cyclic nucleotide phosphodiesterases (PDEs) for treating diabetes and cardiovascular diseases at the National Institutes of Health. He also conducted two internships at the University of California, San Francisco where he studied the role of B cell activation in autoimmune diseases and the role of microRNAs in stem cell regulations. As an undergraduate researcher at the University of California, Los Angeles, he conducted independent research in biochemistry, neuroscience, and cell biology laboratories.
- The George Washington University Law School (J.D.)
- University of California, Los Angeles (M.S.)
- Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.S., summa cum laude)
- Molecular, Cell & Development Biology
- New York
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Publications and Presentations
- Sahachartsiri, B. (2017). The Patent Eligibility of Therapeutic Proteins. AIPLA QJ, 45, 165.
- Sahachartsiri, B., Korman, T. P., Li, D., Vinokur, J. M., Eisenberg, D., & Bowie, J. U. (2014). A synthetic biochemistry system for the in vitro production of isoprene from glycolysis intermediates. Protein Science, 23(5), 576-585.
- Korman, T. P., Sahachartsiri, B., Charbonneau, D. M., Huang, G. L., Beauregard, M., & Bowie, J. U. (2013). Dieselzymes: development of a stable and methanol tolerant lipase for biodiesel production by directed evolution. Biotechnology for Biofuels, 6(1), 1-13.
- Ahmad, F., Lindh, R., Tang, Y., Ruishalme, I., Öst, A., Sahachartsiri, B., & Manganiello, V. C. (2009). Differential regulation of adipocyte PDE3B in distinct membrane compartments by insulin and the β3-adrenergic receptor agonist CL316243: effects of caveolin-1 knockdown on formation/maintenance of macromolecular signalling complexes. Biochemical Journal, 424(3), 399-410.