Dana Olson is Marshall Gerstein’s director of human resources and is a member of the firm’s administrative leadership team. She manages all staff support within the patent prosecution, litigation and transitional practice groups.
Dana joined the firm in 2011 as a human resources assistant and was promoted to her current position in 2022.
- Kaplan University (MBA)
- Human Resources Management
- Kaplan University (B.S.)
- Society For Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- SHRM-CP Certified
Community and Professional Involvement
- Association of Legal Administrators, Chicago Chapter (2017 – Present)
- Association of Legal Administrators, National (2017 – Present)
- Society of Human Resources Management, Chicago Chapter (2011 – Present)
- Society of Human Resources Management (2011 – Present)
Background and Credentials
Dana earned a bachelor’s of science degree in business and a master’s in business administration in human resources management, both from Kaplan University Online. She also completed a certification course with the Chicago Society of Human Resources Management and has participated in its mentoring program.
Before working at Marshall Gerstein, Dana was an operations supervisor at BodyMax Fitness where she trained and developed sales staff, managed collections, and accounts payable and receivable for multiple locations.
Dana’s areas of experience include:
- Recruitment and onboarding, leaves of absence and terminations
- Benefit administration, employee relations and training
- New policies based on employee feedback and state and federal regulations
- Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) modules
- Staffing needs