Hartzell to Co-Present During PLI Fundamentals of Trademark Law in the Global Marketplace 2016
Julianne Hartzell, partner and chair of the Marshall, Gerstein & Borun medical devices practice group, will co-present “Litigation Alternatives and Hot Topics in the U.S. and Abroad” during Practising Law Institute (PLI)’s Fundamentals of Trademark Law in the Global Marketplace 2016 – Chicago. The presentation will take place at 3:30 p.m. on June 14, 2016, and will cover the following:
- Practice tips relating to opposition and cancellation proceedings and UDRP
- Keyword advertising: Who can do what?
- Secondary liability of search engines, advertisers and hosting services on the Internet
- Social networking and implications for trademark law
- Recent case law in the U.S., including B&B Hardware and Hana Financial
- Anti-piracy efforts and strategies for combating sales of counterfeit goods
- Hot issues in international trademark law
For more information about the event, click here.
At Marshall Gerstein, Ms. Hartzell works with inventors and corporations in the fields of consumer products, medical devices, pharmaceuticals and internet technology. She handles all forms of intellectual property litigation, including patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret litigation. She also has experience enforcing covenants not-to-compete and confidentiality agreements. Ms. Hartzell obtained her J.D. from the University of Michigan Law School, and previously earned a B.S. in Mechanical and Biomedical Engineering from Duke University.