Marshall Gerstein Co-Sponsors ACI’s 2018 Life Sciences Patents Summit & ACI’s 2018 Medical Device and MedTech Patents Summit
Marshall Gerstein is pleased to co-sponsor ACI’s Life Sciences Patents Summit (February 21–22, 2018) and ACI’s Medical Device and MedTech Patents Summit (February 23, 2018).
IP Litigation partner John R. Labbé will participate in a panel discussion about biosimilars during the Life Sciences Patents Summit.
Beyond Sandoz v. Amgen: Future of the Biologics Marketplace and Evolving Biosimilars Development
Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Mr. Labbé will be joined by:
- Gloria M. Fuentes, Managing Counsel – Intellectual Property, Merck & Co.
- Jennifer Scarpati, Director, Legal Counsel – Intellectual Property, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Inc.
The panelists will discuss biosimilars and biosimilar litigation including:
- Strategies for giving notice of commercial marketing and satisfying production requirements under the BPCIA after Sandoz v. Amgen
- Patent dance strategies in view of recent cases
- Update on current biosimilar litigation concerning Humira, Remicade, Neupogen, Epogen, and others
- Use of IPRs in biosimilar cases
- Creatively drafting claims to obtain greatest protection
- Comparing “highly similar” biosimilars to “bioequivalent” small molecule drugs
- Addressing FDA’s current stance on interchangeability
- Reviewing the current biosimilar pipeline
- Parsing the PGR process: exploring the risks and rewards of filing PGRs during the patent dance
Partner and Chair of Marshall Gerstein’s Medical Devices practice group, Julianne M. Hartzell will participate in a panel discussion during the Medical Device and MedTech Patents Summit.
Participating in Post-Grant Proceedings: Think you Know it All? Think Again
Friday, February 23, 2018
Ms. Hartzell will be joined by:
- Jeffrey J. Hohenshell, Senior IP Counsel, Medtronic
- Jeremy Lowe, Partner, Axinn, Veltrop & Harkrider LLP
The panelists will discuss the following:
Risk-benefits of IPRs vs. District Court decisions on several selected IPRs
- Relevant case law such as Phigenix (IPR without concurrent litigation) and the up-to-date status of Oil States
- Best practices and strategies to consider for IPR filings in light of these cases as well as effects of Allergan’s deal with the St. Regis Mohawk tribe
For more information on the Life Sciences Patents Summit, click here.
For more information on the Medical Device and MedTech Patents Summit, click here.