Izabella focuses her practice on biotechnology & life sciences litigation matters as an Associate at Marshall Gerstein. Her passion for science and technology led her to patent law to advocate for researchers, inventors, and entrepreneurs who advance a variety of scientific disciplines. Izabella's international upbringing and multilingual skills allow her to bring valuable perspective to her practice.
Outside of the office, Izabella enjoys rock climbing, skiing, and playing board games.
Background & Credentials
Izabella previously served as a Summer Associate at Marshall Gerstein before joining the firm as an Associate in 2022. She received her Bachelor of Science in biotechnology from Imperial College London. Izabella received her J.D. from the University of California, Los Angeles School of Law. While pursuing her law degree, she was President of the Intellectual Property Law Association and President of the International Students Association. Izabella participated in the Patent Clinic, assisting local inventors in writing and filing patent applications. She was also a board member of the Women in Tech Law Association and she was the recipient of the Dean's Scholarship and the 2022 Enhancement Award. Izabella achieved the Masin Family Gold awards for highest performance in Design Law, and Business Associations, and the Masin Family Silver award for second highest performance Securities Regulation.
Izabella is proficient in German and Polish.
- University of California, Los Angeles School of Law (J.D.)
- Imperial College London (B.Sc.)
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Publications and Presentations
- “RNAi Technology Compatibility in the US and EU – Comparisons and Future Perspectives,” UCLA Journal of Law and Technology, Vol. 28, No. 1.
Community & Professional Involvement
- Chicago Women in Intellectual Property (ChiWIP)
- Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC)
- Women In Bio (WIB)