Karen K. Morfoot has been associated with Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP since 1995. Ms. Morfoot is an experienced paralegal who helps serve the Firm's clients in the areas of U.S. and international patent and trademark prosecution. She is experienced in domestic and international trademark searching, clearance, investigation, prosecution, and litigation. She has experience with assignments, licensing agreements, and related aspects of intellectual property ownership. She works with attorneys in the day-to-day management and enforcement of clients’ trademarks and brands. Ms. Morfoot also manages the Firm’s prosecution paralegals and assistants.
Background and Credentials
Throughout her years in the international practice, she has established valuable relationships with foreign associates throughout the world. These valued relationships are the key to registering and enforcing our clients’ intellectual property rights, ensuring their trademark portfolios are efficiently managed.
Ms. Morfoot holds a B.A. degree in English from Loyola University and received a paralegal certificate with honors from Roosevelt University.
- Roosevelt University (Paralegal Certificate, with honors)
- Loyola University Chicago (B.A.)
Publications and Presentations
- “Investing in Support Staff,” Association of Legal Administrators IP Conference, October 9, 2015.
Community and Professional Involvement
- Member of the International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member of INTA's Law Firm Committee
- Illinois Paralegal Association