Matthew M. Jorge focuses his practice on patent counseling and the securing of patents for clients in the areas of electrical and mechanical technologies in the United States and abroad. Mr. Jorge’s practice also includes assisting clients with post-grant proceedings before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, having experience handling public use proceedings and broadening design patent reissues.
Mr. Jorge has been selected for inclusion in the 2011 and 2016 – 2018 Illinois Rising Stars® lists featuring outstanding young attorneys in the state. He has also been selected as an “Emerging Lawyer” in the 2015 – 2018 editions of Emerging Lawyers Magazine, in which individuals are recognized among the top up-and-coming attorneys in Illinois who are under 40 or have been practicing less than 10 years.
Mr. Jorge has as wide variety of experience involving electrical and mechanical technologies including:
- Healthcare systems
- Hydrocarbon exploration and recovery technologies
- Printer technologies
- Semiconductor design and fabrication
- Autonomous technologies
- Smart devices
- Aerospace technologies
- Process control valves, regulators, and related equipment and systems
- Earth moving and farming equipment
- Window coverings
- Dock safety equipment
- Remotely-readable utility meters
- Braking systems
Background and Credentials
Prior to earning his J.D. from The DePaul University College of Law, Mr. Jorge received a B.S. in mechanical engineering from Michigan State University.
Prior to joining the Firm, Mr. Jorge was an attorney at an intellectual property law firm in Chicago.
- DePaul University College of Law (J.D.)
- Michigan State University (B.S.)
- Mechanical Engineering
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- Supreme Court of the State of Illinois
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
Community and Professional Involvement
- Member of the Mechanical Engineering External Advisory Board at Michigan State University
- Associate Board Member of the Legal Prep Charter Academy
- Vice President of the Management Committee of the Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago Educational Foundation