Tiffany Gehrke and Kwanwoo Lee elected to Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago Board
Marshall, Gerstein & Borun LLP is proud to announce that Partner Tiffany Gehrke, longtime member of the Intellectual Property Law Association of Chicago (IPLAC), was named the association’s new President, and Associate Kwanwoo Lee was elected to IPLAC’s Board of Managers. Both attorneys were named to their new IPLAC roles during the association’s Virtual Annual Meeting on May 17, 2022.
Tiffany previously served in several IPLAC roles including President-Elect, Vice President, Secretary, Membership Committee Co-Chair, and Symposium Co-Chair. She works to secure and protect intellectual property (IP) rights for a broad range of clients, and regularly provides counsel regarding trademark prosecution and enforcement matters, as well as patentability assessments. Her experience as a software engineer gives her valuable insider perspectives into clients’ technologies.
This is Kwanwoo’s first time being elected to the Board. He served on IPLAC’s Symposium Committee as Vice-Chair. A registered patent attorney who secures and protects IP rights for Fortune 500 companies, universities, and other high-tech clients in the electrical and computer technology fields, Kwanwoo develops sophisticated patent strategies for his clients that often employ novel approaches to achieve the desired outcome.
The following incoming officers and board members were also selected for the 2022-23 term:
- President-Elect: Peter J. Prommer, Michael Best & Friedrich LLP
- Vice President: Wasim K. Bleibel, Locke Lord LLP
- Secretary: Laura Schaefer, Leydig Vogt & Mayer
- Treasurer: Matthew J. Kelly, Chief IP Counsel, LLC
- Chief Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Officer: Atanu Das, Guntin & Gust, PLC
- Immediate Past President: Erin W. Lothson, Uber
Board of Managers:
- Dunstan H. Barnes, McAndrews, Held & Malloy, Ltd.
- Azuka Dike, Banner & Witcoff, Ltd.
- Mary Fetsco, von Briesen & Roper, S.C.
- Judy He, Crowell & Moring LLP
- J. Ritu Chander, Helix Patent Services LLC
- Karen S. Hwang, KSH Law Group, LLC
- Selena Spritz, Walgreen Co.
- Brian A. Verbus, Kirkland & Ellis LLP
IPLAC is the ﬁrst IP law bar association in the country composed of leaders and professionals who are committed to protecting innovation in Chicago and nationally, by advancing the tenets of IP law to serve members and the greater community.