Raymond R. Ricordati, III has nearly two decades of experience as a patent attorney and litigator, serving clients in the U.S. and abroad. He has a degree in Computer Engineering and is quick to understand and master new technologies and to form excellent working relationships with clients of all shapes and sizes, with the single-minded goal of resolving matters successfully and efficiently.
In litigation, Mr. Ricordati has extensive experience enforcing intellectual property rights and defending against infringement allegations for clients in a variety of technologies across many industries, including computer hardware and software, mechanical, electro-mechanical, electronic, and biotechnical. He has handled matters in federal courts across the country as well as the Federal Circuit, the Patent Trial and Appeals Board (PTAB), and the U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC).
Mr. Ricordati’s work ranges across a variety of industries, including:
- Internet search services
- Internet-based applications
- Mobile applications
- Electronic medical records
- Embedded systems
- Automotive technologies
- Medical devices
- Graphic user interfaces
- Network servers
- Telecommunication systems
- File systems
- Operating systems
- Digital imaging
- Data structures
- Artificial intelligence
- Enterprise resource planning software
- 3D printing
Background and Credentials
Prior to earning his J.D. from The John Marshall Law School, Mr. Ricordati received a B.S. in computer engineering from the University of Notre Dame.
Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Ricordati was an attorney at intellectual property and general practice law firms in Chicago.
- The John Marshall Law School (J.D.)
- University of Notre Dame (B.S.)
- Computer Engineering
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Community and Professional Involvement
- Intellectual Property Association of Chicago – Former Chair of Computer/Electronics Committee
- North Suburban Bar Association – Former President